This post goes up right when my plane leaves Japan. Yay!
Packing was fun. Here's what I'm taking on my three-week Thailand expedition. All of it is getting stuffed into an Osprey Aether 70-Litre Backpack.
- 6 shirts (wearing two right now - 2x button downs 4x climbing T's)
- 4 pairs of undies (wearing
twoone right now!)
- Synthetic, quickdry uberlightweight pants (wearing)
- Synth. shorts
- Running/swimming shorts
- Sandal thongs (that's what they're called, right?)
- Vibram Fivefingers (wearing)
- Patagonia Stretch Ascent Jacket (wearing)
No shoes means no need for socks, yay!
- Marmot Limelight 2P Tent
- Bamboo cloth sleeping sack
- Fullsized egg-carton foam pad
- Sea to Summit DryLite Towel (M)
- Headlamp - BD Gizmo
- Edelweiss Curve 9.8Mm X 60M Rope (Brand spankin' new baby)
- Black Diamond Super Chute Rope Bag
- Black Diamond Hotwire Quickdrawx15ish
- A few alpine draws
- Half dozen Black Diamond Runners
- Mammut harness
- Black Diamond ATC Guide
- Assorted BD 'biners
- 6m of 6mm
- 5.10 Newtons
- UW Bookstore bag to keep it all in
In-flight EntertainmentGoing to Thailand is no excuse to forget Japanese, so I'm taking along two books.
- 星の王子さま (The Little Prince) - I've read this so many, many times.
- 不思議の国のアリス (Alice in Wonderland) - Just started
- 電子辞書 - An electronic dictionary to help me if I get lost in Wonderland
- 携帯 - My cellphone! To keep up with my Anki studies.
- Earphones to listen to the cellphone
- Passport. I hear that's important
- Camelback bladder
- Canon Camera
Things I gotta get there
- A hat