Chris and I chased a weather window to Massacre Rocks in Idaho. We spent the night in winter but the day in summer. I got to enjoy bare feet in green grass, beach sand and sunburns.
One of us forgot his sleeping bag, so we did a weekend's worth of climbing in one day.
- Rap-Tour 10a/b - Long, with that funkward trad feel. Switches between ledges and overhangs.
- Air of the Dog 11c ** - Probably the highlight of my day. Flailed once on TR learning the moves, then came back for round two with some of the best climbing I've done
- The Eagle Has Landed 11B/C ** - Stem stem stemaroo
Red Light District
- Love Slave 10C ** - Fun
- Barbara Dare 11A/B *** - More fun. It had one real "shitty" hold. Great onsight, came into it with the pump and confidence from Air of the Dog
- Scared Stiff 11a ** - Good techy crimpy balancy fun
- No Hips, Hands, or Butts 5.8 - Our first climb, and totally skippable
Massacre's guidebook has one illustration. We ferreted out what we were climbing via descriptions and exploration, flip-flopping our way between crags.
After a good eight pitches in the sun we sat around and had beers.